Senior Accountant Job Description
Work with a fast-growing advertising agency focused on simplifying the complex. While our office abounds with right brain thinking, we’re looking for that special left-brain someone.
The Senior Accountant will be required to provide timely and accurate monthly financial statements after processing of all month-end journal entries and general ledger and bank reconciliations. Other accounting duties including accounts payables, check processing and client billing. The Senior Accountant will also be required to handle some office management and HR duties.
Primary job duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform month-end closing functions, including journal entries, income accrual and G/L and bank account reconciliations
- Preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements
- AR including monthly processing of all client billing (time-based fees, media, and hard costs) and processing of client payments
- Processing and reconciliation of media vendor invoices against prebilled media orders
- AP functions including entry and management of both agency & client related costs
- Prepare and process weekly check runs
- Cash flow and revenue forecasting and management
- Semi-monthly processing of Payroll and 401(k) management
- New hire setup (benefits enrollment, w-4, i-9 forms, etc.)
- Meticulous organization of corporate files including contracts, reports, billing records, etc.
- Provide annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting, working with owner-partners
- Prepare year-end tax reporting documents in partnership with CPA
- Various office management duties
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS Accounting or Finance strongly recommended
- 5+ years experience as a staff/senior accountant or full charge bookkeeper
- Experience in the advertising or design industry a huge plus
- Advantage software or similar advertising/financial software systems preferred
- Proficiency/quick learner working with complex accounting software
- Strong working knowledge and experience with accrual-based accounting
- MS Office skills (particularly Excel and Word) – designing business financial information reports, conveying financial information to non-financial audiences in ways that are easy to understand
- Understanding of GAAP
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage time to meet deadlines, a must
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Primarily remote, Seattle in-office meetings one day a month
- Salary range: $85,000-90,000
- Paid Vacation
- 10 Paid Holidays, plus 2 Personal days
- Remote Work/Home office subsidy
- Maternity/paternity benefits
- Paid benefits (health care, vision, dental)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) program plus match
About Hydrogen Advertising
Hydrogen is a tight-knit, full-service agency packed with industry veterans. As a member of Worldwide Partners, a global alliance of over 70 independent advertising agencies in 40 countries, Hydrogen offers clients the power of a large agency network without that large agency overhead. Local, regional, and international clients include, AspenTech, Kenworth Truck Company, Optum, Planned Parenthood, PCC Community Markets, Trammell Crow, Tektronix, Washington Forest Protection Association, and Washington State Employees Credit Union.
Interested candidates should respond with your resume and cover letter. Please include “Senior Accountant opening” in the subject line of your email.